My lovely friend Danielle from Sometimes Sweet tagged me in her 11 Things post, and while I usually skip out on these things for whatever reason, if Dani Hampton tags you for something, you do it! ;)
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a picture of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
1. I have a super power. It's a majorly heightened sense of smell at all times. I hate it... unless something is on fire or melting. Then it is handy.
2. I love soft pretzels more than I could ever describe. When we went to Disney World my only mission was to get a giant pretzel from Germany in Epcot. Mission accomplished!
3. I used to have a really hard time with finding shoes that I liked. When I started figuring out what I liked to wear and how to pair things with different outfits the flood gates opened up. Now my collection is outgrowing my bedroom and closet.
4. I'm the unhealthiest healthy person ever. I do my best to eat tons of vegetables and exercise regularly (and I really enjoy it), but if you give me the option to choose food for date night or a birthday and I will always choose a place with onion rings or cheese dip.
5. I'm super competitive when it comes to board games... which is why I don't like to play the ones I'm bad at. I do my best to keep it under raps, but sometimes I have raging fits over board games like a little kid. It's so not cute.
6. When I was a teenager I was convinced that I needed to move to Canada because I could play in the snow, wear lots of coats and watch Much Music all of the time.
7. I think tennis is the most fun sport to play... even though the old ladies always make us look bad when we go. ;)
8. I love soft, fluffy kitties. I wish we could have another one.
9. I am married to an over-explainer, which has turned me into an under-explainer.
10. I'm addicted to nostalgia... which also means I'm kind of a "memory hoarder". I have boxes and boxes of old notes and trinkets and "meaningful" memorabilia in a storage unit. And yes, I'm still collecting. ;)
11. I have a serious love of fishing. Whenever we'd visit my dad growing up, he'd always take us fishing at his "lake house" (which was a little trailer parked by a lake in IL). My grandma and grandpa had a pontoon boat called "Large Marge's Barge" and we'd go and spend our days fishing, swimming, and riding around in the boat. My grandma is in the Guinness Book of World Records for largest fish (somewhere).
Questions from Danielle:
1. If money, schooling, or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose?
This might sound lame, but I'd choose to do what I'm doing now. I would (and will someday) take it to a higher level, but I love sewing, creating, and blogging. They are some of my very favorite things. Johnny and I have also talked about opening a vintage guitar store. I'd also like to maybe use a portion of the shop to offer coffee and treats and old school video games to the people tagging along with the guitar browsers. I know how super fun standing around a vintage guitar shop listening to them talk can be. ;)
2. What's the one thing you look forward to everyday?
There are a ton of things, but one of my VERY favorites is getting Poesy up from her nap(s). The way she laughs and smiles and says, "hhhhiiiiiiiiiiiii!" is one of the best things in the whole world.
3. What's your number one, all-time, favorite blog?
This is bad because I'm a blogger, but I don't have one. There are so many different types of blogs, and maybe I don't always feel like reading a crafty blog or a fashion blog or a lifestyle blog. That's the beauty of the blog world, there's something to feed every need. I love too many to say just one!
4. Biggest online pet peeve?
Wellll... for me it's bloggers complaining about other bloggers. I don't understand why we have to be so concerned with how certain people are choosing to blog, or who gets to be the authority on what's the RIGHT way to blog and what's the WRONG way. I enjoy different blogs for hundreds of different reasons, but I never enjoy a negative post or tweet about how "this is wrong". Do your thing and if you don't like the way someone blogs, don't read their blog. I think it's as simple as that. Choose encouragement over negativity EVERY DAY.
5. What is your all-time, favorite book?
Slapstick by Kurt Vonnegut. We are pretty big Vonnegut fans in this house.
6. What would your "last meal" be?
Onion rings. Cheese dip. Fries. Oh, and there had better be some cherry-apricot pie.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
It's a romantic thought, but I don't believe in it. Love is amazing and wonderful and fun, but it is also a lot of work. You know when your mom or sister tells you "love is a choice, not a feeling"-- it can be annoying, but it is true. The butterflies and crushes can fade, and when the newness and excitement have diminished, hopefully you have a partner and a friend to go the distance with. That's not to say that love and relationships don't stay fun and exciting. They can and do. They just change shape a little bit.
8. What would your ideal Sunday morning consist of?
Sleeping in and then going out for breakfast/brunch. Those are two of my very, very favorite things.
9. Why do you blog?
I blog for tons of reasons. I love to connect with other people. I love to document what's going on in my life. I like to share my work. I think that my family has perspective to offer and perspective to gain. I enjoy doing crafts. I really love putting together outfits and having photoshoots. I think there are some very deep reasons I blog and some super shallow reasons I blog. I love them equally. :)
10. If you had to choose one color to pick forever, what would you pick?
11. What is your all-time favorite band?
My all-time favorite band is the Cardigans. First Band on the Moon in junior high/high school was my favorite and Long Gone Before Daylight is my favorite album as an adult. I love them.
Questions for the ladies I will be tagging:
1. Do you drink coffee and if you do, why did you start?
2. What is the most important quality you look for in a friend?
3. What was your #1 favorite toy when you were young (K-4th)?
4. Do you prefer sunshine or rain?
5. What movie can you watch over and over and never get sick of?
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
7. Skype: is it more awesome or more awkward?
8. Who is your favorite band and what were you doing when you discovered them?
9. Cats or dogs? (and don't say one is dumb and the other is great)
10. What's your favorite thing to collect?
11. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Okay, so now I'm tagging Vanessa, Tieka, Diana, Katie, Abi, Holly, and Thursday. I'm also tagging the first 5 people who comment on this post. Tag!
Alright, now I'm off to get some work done and to neverdoanotheroneoftheseeveragain. xoxo Katie