Monday, May 20, 2013
Sephora Smoothing and Brightening Concealer-- I use this for under my eyes to brighten up. I used to use the Stila version, but my local Sephora doesn't carry it anymore. I was pleasantly surprised by the Sephora brand in this particular product, plus it's quite a bit cheaper (win!).
2. Sumita Raina Contrast Eye Pencil-- This is a blue eyeliner that is really bold and pretty. I originally got it in my Birchbox, but I have been using it a ton.
3. Kiehls Line-Reducing Concentrate-- This is the only product in this grouping where I'm unsure on how I feel. This is a sample that I have been using off and on for a bit now, and I'm not sure if I'll buy the product or find something a little less harsh. I did feel it was worth mentioning because A) I have been using it, and B) I know you're not really supposed to talk about getting fine lines and whatnot, but I've hit that 30 mark, guys, and I'm starting to explore these sorts of products.
4. Sephora Eyebrow Pencil 02-- I seriously stocked up on these eyebrow pencils when they were on sale a year or two ago (I bought 20) and I still love them!
5. Maybelline Falsies Mascara-- I'm still going strong with this brand of mascara. It gets the job done and doesn't make my lashes too stiff.
6. Clinique All About Eyes Rich-- I love Clinique eye creams. I had been using the Anti-Gravity version of this, which I think I liked a little better. I do really like this one, though.
7. Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-- I also got this in my Birchbox semi-recently and I really like it for those days when I wake up and my eyes are all swollen underneath. Gotta love allergy season!
8. The Balm: Mary-Lou Manizer-- I love this eyeshadow as a highlighter on my brow bone, cheeks, and inside corners of my eyes. It has such a pretty shimmer.
9. Mary Kay Loose Powder-- this is my good ol' trusty. I've tried a lot of other finishing powders and loose powders and I always come back to this guy.
10. The Balm: Hot Mama Shadow/ Blush-- The name of this blush makes me feel a little embarrassed, but it is a really great blush! It has a lovely shimmer and the color is great with my skin tone.
11. Maybelline Line Stiletto-- I also find myself using Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner, but between the two of these, I have my liquid liners more than covered.
12. Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm-- Before I got this particular BB cream in my Birchbox sometime last year, I never wore any sort of foundation or tinted moisturizer. This stuff goes on really light and doesn't settle in my (ahem) fine lines like a lot of others do. If you are in the market for something like this, I highly recommend this one.
Birchbox (this is my refer-a-friend link, FYI) this year. It is $10 a month, but even in the months where I'm not that excited about the contents, it's still fun to get a surprise package. Otherwise, I just try things that friends have recommended or use the samples they give you at Sephora to find new products.
Where do you find new products? Do you have any especially exciting things you'd recommend?
Sunday, May 19, 2013
There isn't a lot better than having brunch out as a family. We try to do this at least once a week. It is important to try every single breakfast place in town. Right?? I judge a town by the breakfast options. :)
***Glasses from BonLook.